The Nursery provides a number of services for government, commercial and private customers in Canberra and surrounding areas.
New Customer Information (PDF 167KB) / Word version (DOC 2MB)
Normal Trading hours
7:30am to 4:00pm Monday to Friday.
Closed on weekends and public holidays.
General conditions of trade (COD):
- A minimum order value of $250.00 is required for all orders placed on account and a minimum order value of $50.00 for orders paid on pick up. A minimum of 24 hours is required to complete all orders unless previously arranged.
- The Nursery supplies to landscape/construction, government departments, educational facilities, horticulture trade, primary producers, wholesale and retail nurseries only.
- Wholesale customers must be registered with the Nursery as a bona fide landscape, horticultural or allied business with a current ABN/ACN.
- A minimum of 24 hours is required to complete orders unless previously arranged.
- All orders will be invoiced in full, at time of collection or 30 days from the time of order, whichever occurs first.
- Holding fee: Free for the first 30 days past agreed delivery/pick up date. Orders held beyond 30 days of agreed delivery/pick up date will attract a holding charge of 10% per month of the value of all plants held.
- The Nursery will make every effort to source plants where practical or offer suitable substitutes.
- Plants sourced on behalf of the customer will be priced accordingly to reflect additional costs incurred.
- Written Quotation service available.
- Quotation is subject to availability of plants at Yarralumla Nursery at time of placement of order.
- While the Nursery will make every effort to secure the plants that are required, no guarantee that plants quoted will be available at time of placement of order.
- Prices quoted are ex nursery and are valid for 30 days.
- Any deliveries made by the Nursery will be charged directly to the customer unless otherwise arranged.
- Delivery charges are based on the delivery destination ex nursery and the quantity and size of stock being delivered. Please discuss your requirements with sale staff when placing your order.
Contract and forward orders
- A 25% non refundable deposit is required on placement of order; the balance is required on collection.
- If an order is cancelled or reduced within 14 days prior to agreed delivery date the Nursery reserves the right to invoice the customer for the full value of plants not required. If the purchaser chooses not to collect the invoiced plants the nursery reserves the right to on sell them.
- A minimum value of $250.00 is required for all orders on account.
Payment and Credit:
- Payment is to be made by cash, direct deposit or credit card (MasterCard, VISA and American Express). Please note that American Express cards attract a 3% surcharge.
- Please note that cheque payments will not be accepted for COD customers.
- 30 days credit from date of invoice will be available to approved credit customers after 6 months of trading.
- Overdue accounts from 31 days + will be placed on hold. Any account falling within the 31 to 90 days will have an administration charge of 1.5% of the overdue amount per month billed until the account is cleared.
- Overdue accounts in 90+ days will be placed in the hands of debt collectors, and all 30 day credit terms will be removed. An administration charge of 1.5% of the overdue amount per month will be billed until the account is cleared.
- Plants are guaranteed to be healthy and true to type at time of delivery or pick up.
- Claims for damaged stock or shortages will not be recognised unless they are received within 24 hours of receipt of goods.
- In the event that plants supplied are not in accordance with label or description, or for another reason do not meet customer requirements our liability is limited to, at our discretion, either refund of purchase price or replacement with new plants when available.
- No warranty is offered as to performance of plants once they have been planted.
Contact Details for Yarralumla Nursery
Regular Opening Hours
Monday to Friday:
7.30 am to 4 pm
Yarralumla ACT 2600
Phone: 02 6207 2447
Facsimile: 02 6207 2455
The ACT Government is committed to improving the accessibility of web content. To provide feedback or request an accessible version of a document please contact us or phone 13 22 81.