Molonglo 3 Roads and Infrastructure Package
3A: John Gorton Drive
The first stage of the Molonglo 3 Roads and Infrastructure Pack includes the following works:
- upgrade 900 metres of Coppins Crossing Road (south of William Hovell Drive) to a dual carriageway. The upgraded road will be known as John Gorton Drive (Stage 3A).
- upgrade and signalise the intersection of John Gorton Drive (Stage 3A) and William Hovell Drive.
- build a new signalised intersection on John Gorton Drive (Stage 3A) for access to new areas of Molonglo, including the future suburb of Whitlam.
- construct a 600 millimetre water main along William Hovell Drive and John Gorton Drive.
February 2019 Update
As part of the William Hovell Drive/John Gorton Drive intersection upgrade, northbound traffic on John Gorton Drive has been moved onto the new northbound carriageway.On Tuesday 19 February the new traffic lights at the intersection of William Hovell Drive and John Gorton Drive were switched on. The next milestone for this project will be the permanent opening of all four lanes on John Gorton Drive.
3B: John Gorton Drive
Detailed design work has been completed for John Gorton Drive Stage 3B, which is the next section of John Gorton Drive south of Stage 3A. Tenders for construction have been called and are currently being assessed. Features of Stage 3B include:
- upgrade 500 metres of Coppins Crossing Road to a dual carriageway. The upgraded road will form part of John Gorton Drive
- one additional signalised intersection on John Gorton Drive to provide a second signalised intersection into Whitlam
- one unsignalised left-in / left-out intersection into Whitlam from John Gorton Drive.
600 millimetre water main from Weetangera Reservoir
Construction has commenced on the 1.6 kilometre long, 600 millimetre diameter trunk water main from the Weetangera Reservoir to William Hovell Drive to provide the water supply for the future suburbs of Molonglo 3. Access through The Pinnacle Nature Reserve is being maintained across the project alignment at a number of locations. Work is due to be completed in early 2019.
The ACT Government is committed to improving the accessibility of web content. To provide feedback or request an accessible version of a document please contact us or phone 13 22 81.