Molonglo 3 Roads and Infrastructure Package
3A: John Gorton Drive
Construction on the first stage of the Molonglo 3 Roads and Infrastructure Pack is coming to an end. Works have included:
- upgrade 900 metres of Coppins Crossing Road (south of William Hovell Drive) to a dual carriageway. The upgraded road will be known as John Gorton Drive (Stage 3A).
- upgrade and signalise the intersection of John Gorton Drive (Stage 3A) and William Hovell Drive.
- build a new signalised intersection on John Gorton Drive (Stage 3A) for access to new areas of Molonglo, including the future suburb of Whitlam.
- construct a 600 millimetre water main along William Hovell Drive and John Gorton Drive.
3B: John Gorton Drive
Construction has now commenced on John Gorton Drive Stage 3B, which is the next section of John Gorton Drive south of Stage 3A. The project team has begun erecting the site compound and roadwork signage and will begin earthworks in the coming weeks. Features of Stage 3B include:
- upgrade 500 metres of Coppins Crossing Road to a dual carriageway. The upgraded road will form part of John Gorton Drive
- one additional signalised intersection on John Gorton Drive to provide a second signalised intersection into Whitlam
- one unsignalised left-in / left-out intersection into Whitlam from John Gorton Drive.
600 millimetre water main from Weetangera Reservoir
Construction has commenced on the 1.6 kilometre long, 600 millimetre diameter trunk water main from the Weetangera Reservoir to William Hovell Drive to provide the water supply for the future suburbs of Molonglo 3. Access through The Pinnacle Nature Reserve is being maintained across the project alignment at a number of locations. Work is due to be completed in early 2019.
The ACT Government is committed to improving the accessibility of web content. To provide feedback or request an accessible version of a document please contact us or phone 13 22 81.