Reconstruction of Coppins Crossing Road
Infrastructure upgrades are underway across the Molonglo Valley region to ensure that both road and water infrastructure is in place to accommodate the expected growth in the area. The ACT Government is reconstructing Coppins Crossing Road (to be renamed John Gorton Drive) as a dual carriageway and providing a number of intersections along its length to provide access into the future suburban areas of Molonglo.
Construction on the first stage of these improvements (3a) was completed in mid 2019. Works included:
- upgrade 900 metres of John Gorton Drive (south of William Hovell Drive) to a dual carriageway
- upgrade and signalise the intersection of John Gorton Drive and William Hovell Drive
- build a new signalised intersection on John Gorton Drive for access to the new suburb of Whitlam
- construct a 600 millimetre watermain along William Hovell Drive and John Gorton Drive.
Construction on the second stage of these improvements (3b) is now underway. Works include:
- upgrade a further 500 metres of John Gorton Drive to a dual carriageway
- build an additional signalised intersection on John Gorton Drive to provide a second signalised intersection into the new suburb of Whitlam
- build an unsignalised left-in/left-out intersection into Whitlam from John Gorton Drive.
Funding Value: $11.5 million (for the second stage of improvements).
Expected start date: April 2019
Expected completion date: Mid 2020
The ACT Government is committed to improving the accessibility of web content. To provide feedback or request an accessible version of a document please contact us or phone 13 22 81.