Laneway to Lake Tuggeranong
The revitalisation of the Tuggeranong Town Centre is continuing. Following on from the improvements to Anketell Street, upgrades to the town square and the laneway to Lake Tuggeranong will renew the public space and ensure that it is accessible, safe and is a distinctive place the community want to linger and enjoy the reinvigorated area with family and friends.
Take a look at the design here.
The final designs include:
- views and easy pedestrian access from Anketell Street through to the lakeshore
- spaces for outdoor dining and cafe seating
- new shade structures
- low-level walls with inbuilt seating
- water permeable paving around the trees
- raingardens on either side of Cowlishaw Street
- a level and accessible open space suitable for everyday use and events
- approximately 40 new deciduous trees
- grassed terrace area perfect for picnics
- creating a link from the town square to Lake Tuggeranong with accessible ramps.
Funding Value: $4 million.
Expected start date: Early 2020
Expected completion date: Late 2020
The ACT Government is committed to improving the accessibility of web content. To provide feedback or request an accessible version of a document please contact us or phone 13 22 81.