Gartside Street south improvements
Construction is now complete on upgrades to Gartside Street which saw streetscape improvements to this popular street to make it safer by formalising parking for vehicles and providing better verges for people and improved amenity of the area more generally.
Stage 1 design and works include:
- narrowing the southern verge to slow cars, provide room for safer indented parking and more space in the verge for street trees and paved gathering spaces with seats, bins and bike racks
- traffic safety and circulation improvements with indented on-street parking that meets standards including minimum distances from intersections to provide safe sight lines for turning traffic and a reduction in the number of driveways along the street to remove conflict points
- a new pick up/drop off bay for peak hours outside the gymnastics club
- a zebra style pedestrian crossing at the western end of the street linking into the existing desire line from the Erindale Group Centre shops
- improvements to the verge paths to fix gaps in the path network
- lighting improvements at the new crossing and along the street
- new street trees, seats, bins and bike racks.
The Gartside Street improvements concept plan includes details of improvements for the long term development of Gartside Street, extending the works to complete the length of the street with entry thresholds and a verge design that will match into future mixed use developments.
The ACT Government is committed to improving the accessibility of web content. To provide feedback or request an accessible version of a document please contact us or phone 13 22 81.