Hibberson Street One-Way Shared Zone
This project has delivered a safer pedestrian environment and access via a one-way shared zone between Gungahlin Place and Gozzard Street. The improvements to Hibberson Street will mean more people spend time here instead of just walking through.
It was important to maintain vehicle access along the street to provide access for businesses, people with disabilities and to ensure safety at night.
The project delivered:
- A more comfortable, safe and vibrant space with greater potential for economic activity in Canberra's fastest growing region.
- Broader pedestrian verges, with improved landscaping, more trees and places to sit and relax under the shade.
- A safer pedestrian focussed streetscape, with reduced vehicle speeds, one-way travel (from Gungahlin Place to Gozzard Street) and the introduction of slow points along the length of road.
- Upgraded and safer pedestrian crossings.
- On-street parking, disabled parking and bike racks.
The ACT Government is committed to improving the accessibility of web content. To provide feedback or request an accessible version of a document please contact us or phone 13 22 81.