Gungahlin town centre
The revolution of Gungahlin's town centre continues to move forward with stage one of light rail, a new bus station, transformation of Hibberson Street and the duplication of key roads, all taking shape.
The final product will make Gungahlin the ACT's most accessible town centre and will encourage more people to work, live and socialise in Canberra's fastest growing region.
Plans released show the future of Hibberson Street will be a 20 km/hr one-way shared zone between Gozzard Street and Gungahlin Place. This section of Hibberson St will become a vibrant people-friendly zone that will further transform the Gungahlin town centre.
The map below will help the community keep track of where work is up to and where we are heading over the next 12 months.
Over the next 12 months Gungahlin's town centre and road network will be transformed by:
- Gundaroo Drive duplication, currently underway with Stage 1 completed by mid 2018 and Stage 2 by early 2020.
- An extension of Ernest Cavanagh Street, scheduled to start in early 2018 and finish in late 2018.
- Gungahlin Bus Station, currently underway with construction to be completed in early 2018.
- Light Rail stage 1 – the project is now well underway and set to finish late 2018.
- Hibberson Street shared zone will see work start early 2018 and finish by June.
- Horse Park Drive duplication is also well underway, with the project scheduled to finish mid 2019.
- A new road to the south of The Valley Avenue will be constructed, with construction now underway and to be completed in mid-late 2018.
View larger map
The ACT Government is committed to improving the accessibility of web content. To provide feedback or request an accessible version of a document please contact us or phone 13 22 81.