Horse Park Drive duplication
Horse Park Drive is now fully duplicated from the Federal Highway all the way through to the intersection of Katherine Avenue/Roden Cutler Drive.
Work on the latest section between the Federal Highway and Well Station Drive got underway in mid-2018 and all four lanes opened up to traffic in early May. All major duplication works have now been completed. Work will finish up on the shared path soon and some landscaping works will continue.
Key features of this section of the duplication include:
- duplication of approximately 2.6 kilometres of Horse Park Drive between the Federal Highway and Well Station Drive to provide two lanes in each direction
- new three metre wide shared path along the southern side (Kenny side) of Horse Park Drive
- new road bridge and shared path bridge over Sullivan’s Creek
- 400 new Eucalyptus trees planted along the corridor
- better access to the parking area for the Goorooyarroo Nature Park.
The project was also extended through to the intersection of Katherine Avenue/Roden Cutler Drive to include a number of safety features to ensure students are safe on their way to and from school. They include:
- an indented bus bay to improve driver sight and the safety of school kids and other pedestrians
- a new signalised pedestrian crossing at the existing intersection at the entrance to the Amaroo playing fields
- fencing in the median strip between the Amaroo playing fields and the Katherine Avenue/Roden Cutler Drive intersection to prevent unsafe crossings
- removal of the median refuge islands and improved signalisation at the Katherine Avenue/Roden Cutler Drive intersection so people can cross the road in one movement
- a reduced speed limit of 80 km/h to 60 km/h to ensure the safety of school children at this section of Horse Park Drive.
The ACT Government is committed to improving the accessibility of web content. To provide feedback or request an accessible version of a document please contact us or phone 13 22 81.