College Street Transit Way
The Belconnen to City transport corridor is the strongest in Canberra in terms of its passenger use. Building a transitway along the corridor was one of the highest priorities of the ACT's Sustainable Transport Plan that was introduced in 2012.
Scope of works
The facilities along College Street include:
- signalising the College Street and Kirinari Street intersection to improve pedestrian safety and access to bus stops
- upgrading bus stop locations to better use these signalised crossings
- drop off/pick up area at Radford College
- a park and ride facility at the intersection of College Street and Kirinari Street
- two new bus stops on Haydon Drive and
- bus priority lanes on Haydon Drive and College Street.
Works to achieve the upgrades of the public transport facilities along College Street in Bruce were completed in June 2014.
For further information regarding College Street and the Belconnen to City Transitway please visit the Transport Canberra website or call Access Canberra on 13 22 81.
The ACT Government is committed to improving the accessibility of web content. To provide feedback or request an accessible version of a document please contact us or phone 13 22 81.