Gungahlin Bus Station
Between Ernest Cavanagh St and Hibberson Street
The new Gungahlin Bus Station has been opened to all traffic and bus operations have transferred to the new bus station platforms on Gungahlin Place. City bound buses are operating from the eastern platform (Aldi side) while buses serving the suburbs are operating from the western platform (Woolworths side).
The project has delivered:
- New bus station platforms on Gungahlin Place allowing for integration of bus and light rail services.
- Coordinated bus facilities on both platforms, including CCTV cameras, for improved bus operations and safety.
- Full access for buses and all vehicles on Gungahlin Place.
- Safer pedestrian access with a new signalised intersection at Hibberson Street and Gungahlin Place.
- Easy access between buses and light rail, as well as improved pedestrian access through the intersection; once the light rail is in operation later this year
- Landscaped median and new trees.
- A new pedestrian crossing linking the bus station to community facilities (including the new Walk-in Centre) on the north side of Ernest Cavanagh Street.
The ACT Government is committed to improving the accessibility of web content. To provide feedback or request an accessible version of a document please contact us or phone 13 22 81.