What can be collected?
To search whether an item is recyclable visit the Recyclopaedia.
Bulky items that can be collected
- furniture and household appliances
- garden tools and equipment
- timber up to two metres in length
- white goods/sinks
- building materials/products (excluding rubble)
- metal products/scrap metal
- electrical equipment
- blankets, linen and manchester
- automotive parts
- camping and outdoor equipment
- one mattress
- maximum three televisions or computers.
Items that won't be collected
- more than two cubic metres of waste
- items over 46kg or items that can't be safely lifted by two people
- household chemicals or hazardous wastes
- fireworks, ammunition or explosives
- sheet glass and mirrors
- asbestos sheeting or asbestos products
- gas bottles or fire extinguishers
- dirt or mixed fill material
- sharps, needles or sharps containers
- timber over two metres in length
- garden (grass clipping, prunings) or household organic waste (food).
The ACT Government is committed to improving the accessibility of web content. To provide feedback or request an accessible version of a document please contact us or phone 13 22 81.