Bulky waste collections
If you have something big and bulky to get rid of, you can book a bulky waste collection.
Seniors and concession card holders are eligible for one free bulky waste collection per year.
Other households can access this service for a fee.
How do I book a collection?
To book a bulky waste collection:
Collections will normally be provided within two weeks of a booking, subject to demand.
Who is eligible for the free service?
To be eligible for the free service a resident of the household must hold either:
- a current Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card
- an ACTION Gold Concession Card
- a MyWay Seniors card (for cardholders who are aged 70 years and above) or
- a Department of Veterans Affairs Gold Card.
You'll have to show your concession card and proof of address to access the service.
One free collection per household is available to eligible concession card holders each year.
How do I prepare for the collection?
- Keep all bulky waste inside your property boundary and in an easily accessible location.
- If you live in a multi-unit development, contact your body corporate or managing agent to identify a suitable location for placement of goods for collection.
- You must be present at the time of the collection (unless prior arrangements are made at the time of booking your collection).
- The maximum amount of bulky waste to be collected per dwelling is two cubic metres (a double bed ensemble or two white goods or a three seater sofa).
Each item must weigh no more than 46kg and must be able to be lifted and handled by two members of staff.
The ACT Government is committed to improving the accessibility of web content. To provide feedback or request an accessible version of a document please contact us or phone 13 22 81.