The ACT Government provides a range of services in Canberra’s CBD (Civic and Braddon) to ensure people have a clean and well catered for city centre. These services include:
- general cleaning, such as litter collection, sweeping debris and leaves from public spaces
- emptying garbage and recycling bins
- maintenance of trees, shrub beds and grassed areas
- maintenance of roads and paths
- providing street lighting
- providing ACTION bus services
- graffiti removal
- provision and maintenance of public art and memorials, including sculptures and mural artwork
- maintenance of public toilets, fountains, street furniture and water stations (bubblers).
In the City Canberra also provides a number of services for the city centre. Their mission is to maintain the city centre as the pre-eminent commercial, retail and lifestyle precinct in Canberra. Services include facilitating and sponsoring events, some cleaning work and graffiti removal on private buildings and footpaths, decorative lighting in trees in addition to working with the community and stakeholders as an advocate for city services. In the City Canberra also deliveries some permanent improvements in partnership with the ACT Government such as West Row Park, Heather and Arthur Shakespeare Square, the Centenary Column and Time Capsule on City Hill and a range of street art projects.