The following Board policies can be found in the Standards Statements Notifiable Instrument to the Veterinary Surgeons Act 2015.
- Veterinary Surgeons Code of Conduct
- Continuing Professional Development
- Management of psychotropic drugs
- Documents to be on hand at a veterinary practice
- Management of Clinical Records
- Currency of Practice requirements for registration
- Anesthesia Protocol
- Veterinary Premises
- Scope of Practice for Veterinary Surgeons
- Conditional Registration - Non Practicing
Letters of Professional Standing
Veterinary surgeons seeking registration in another jurisdiction may request a Letter of Professional Standing (LOPS). The LOPS will include:
- the registration details of the applicant
- the details of any current conditions attached to the registration
- any disciplinary action that the Board has taken in the last five years
You can apply for a LOPS online through Access Canberra. Alternatively you may download a request form and send it to the Board secretariat for processing via mail, email or fax. Once completed, the LOPS will be sent direct to the nominated jurisdiction.
The preparation of a LOPS attracts a fee which is detailed on the current fee schedule. A separate fee will be charged for each LOPS request.
The ACT Government is committed to improving the accessibility of web content. To provide feedback or request an accessible version of a document please contact us or phone 13 22 81.