Gungahlin town centre
The evolution of Gungahlin's town centre continues to move forward with stage one of light rail, a new bus station, transformation of Hibberson Street and the duplication of key roads all taking shape.
The final product will make Gungahlin the ACT's most accessible town centre and will encourage more people to work, live and socialise in Canberra's fastest growing region.
Plans released show the future of Hibberson Street will be a 20 km/hr one-way shared zone between Gozzard Street and Gungahlin Place. This section of Hibberson Street will become a vibrant people-friendly zone that will further transform the Gungahlin town centre.
The map below will help the community keep track of where work is up to and where we are heading over the next 12 months, where Gungahlin's town centre and road network will be transformed by:
- Gundaroo Drive duplication, currently underway with Stage 1 completed by the third quarter of 2018 and Stage 2 by the second quarter of 2020.
- An extension of Ernest Cavanagh Street, commenced in May and is planned to be completed in the fourth quarter of 2018.
- Gungahlin Bus Station – bus services began operation on Gungahlin Place on April 21 2018.
- Light Rail stage 1 – the project is now well underway and set to finish in the fourth quarter of 2018.
- Hibberson Street shared zone is currently underway and will finish by the third quarter of 2018.
- Horse Park Drive duplication is also well underway, with the project scheduled to finish by the first quarter of 2019.
- Construction of Camilleri Way south of The Valley Avenue, linking to Manning Clark Crescent, is underway, work is planned to be completed in the fourth quarter of 2018.
View larger map
The ACT Government is committed to improving the accessibility of web content. To provide feedback or request an accessible version of a document please contact us or phone 13 22 81.