Wheelchair Campground Shelter Tables Toilets BBQ Onleash Walking Lookout
Situated to the south of Canberra on the banks of Gibraltar Creek, Woods Reserve is a popular place for camping, picnics and functions, and an ideal venue for large groups and events. It is available for overnight camping and day use.
Dogs are allowed on leash.
Camping fees apply.
Bring your own drinking water and fire wood.
Gibraltar Falls is located upstream from Woods Reserve, just a few minutes drive south on Corin Road. At the Gibraltar Falls car park there is a picnic shelter, gas BBQ and amenities block. Take the short gravel track walk to lookout over the falls and Gibraltar Creek. Please note there is no camping at Gibraltar Falls.
This map shows the location of Woods Reserve Campground which is located in Namadgi National Park. It also shows Gibraltar Falls, Tidbinbilla Visitor Centre, Corin Forest Recreational Facility, and Square Rock Walking Track.
Note: If you have difficulty accessing the information in this map please contact Access Canberra on 13 22 81.
Facilities and activities
- Camping available - tents and campervans
- Picnic shelter and picnic tables
- Gas BBQs
- Wood fire pits - firewood is not provided, please bring your own supply
- Hot showers
- Flushing toilets
- Disabled facilities also available
- Dogs allowed, must be kept on leash at all times
- Water from creek for hand washing and washing up facilities. Please be water wise and minimise waste
Woods Reserve Recreation Area is located south of Canberra on Corin Road, 5.4 km from the Tidbinbilla Road turn-off and only 15 minutes from Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve and Corin Forest Mountain Recreation Resort.
- Book online: www.bookings.act.gov.au. Payment made through this website does not guarantee booking of a specific campsite.
- Camping for tents and up to six campervans or camper trailers is available on a first come first served basis and payment can be made at the Tidbinbilla Visitors' Centre, at the box onsite or to the Ranger.
- Camping fees: $12 per person per night. No charge for children under 15 years of age. Concession rates available. For more information visit Fees and charges.
- Group bookings and exclusive use: This campground is not able to be booked at this time so exclusive use of this area cannot be granted. To assist you with payments for large groups please submit an Application to use a public place.
- Stay length: Guests are welcome at Woods Reserve campground for up to two weeks at a time. To make sure there is an equal amount of availability for all guests, people can stay again after four weeks havepassed. This helps us make sure the campgrounds are used for recreational visits and not as a permanent residence.