Municipal Infrastructure Design Standards
The new Municipal Infrastructure Design Standards utilise the AusSpec document framework. This framework provides a level of design consistency across all local government jurisdictions in Australia, and reflects the most up-to-date industry practice. A number of local and regional government jurisdictions have adopted the AusSpec document framework as the primary technical framework for their design standards.
The ACT Government has adopted the AusSpec document framework. Each of the MIS documents provide detailed ACT specific design guidance for civil assets as well as references to a number of relevant design documents. The MIS documents have been designed to be read in conjunction with these relevant referenced design documents.
The design of municipal assets in the ACT must be in accordance with the Municipal Infrastructure Design Standards. Where any differences in practice exist between referenced design documents and the Municipal Infrastructure Standard, the later will prevail.
- MIS 01 Street planning and design (PDF 848 KB)
- MIS 02 Earthworks and site grading (PDF 624 KB)
- MIS 03 Pavement design (PDF 689 KB)
- MIS 04 Subsurface drainage (PDF 554 KB)
- MIS 05 Active travel (PDF 1786KB)
- MIS 06 Verges (PDF 1086KB)
- MIS 07 Driveways (PDF 1312KB)
- MIS 08 Stormwater (PDF 2260KB)
- MIS 09 Bridges and related structures (PDF 514KB)
- MIS 10 Fences, guardrails and barriers (PDF 668KB)
- MIS 11 Off-street parking (PDF 1086KB)
- MIS 12 Guide signs (PDF 764KB)
- MIS 13 Traffic control devices (PDF 615KB)
- MIS 14 Public lighting (PDF 835KB)
- MIS 15 Urban edges management zone (PDF 509KB)