Development Review and Coordination (DRC), within Transport Canberra and City Services (TCCS), encourages meetings with project proponents at the early stages of the planning process. This can ensure that potential problems are identified and managed effectively to save proponents time and money. This also means that DRC can process Design Acceptance applications quickly and efficiently.
The purpose of pre-submission meetings is to discuss and to receive TCCS feedback on issues that are not covered by or, are a variation to the current standards, guidelines and specifications.
Prior to the meeting
Proponent requests a meeting with DRC using the meeting request form, outlining:
- the proposed project
- a list of project specific issues with proposed solutions
- sketch plans
- any information about other agreements and negotiations with other TCCS agencies.
Once the above information has been provided, DRC will:
- propose a meeting date, ensuring appropriate time for preparation
- consult within DRC and other areas of TCCS prior to the meeting.
After the meeting:
- minutes and actions of the meeting will be circulated to all attendees
- all parties must complete outstanding actions in accordance with the minutes
- AA and proponent meet again if outstanding actions and issues are unresolved.